Happy Ides of March!
Tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day - remember your green!
Today I went to the Huntington Library/Botannical Gardens in San Marino, CA with Craig and his new instant boyfriend William, who is a delight.
The place has 150 acres of garden and we only had time for 3 sections! It's just crazy-talk how much there is to see and do here.
We started in the desert plants area.
You would think it would have dawned on me that since I was tagging behind, I was inadvertently always taking photos of their butts.
I managed to get a mug shot of Craig somehow...
A fascinating cousin of the Blue Agave plant whose leaves appear painted white on not only the edges, but also on the surface of each leaf.
When's the last time you saw blue skies in LA?
Who knew desert plants came in so many colors!
100 year-old catus, anyone?
"Here, lizard lizard lizard..."
Then, it was off through the bamboo forest to the Japanese Garden...
The bamboo forest is completely shaded inside - the 50+ foot plants allow no sunlight whatsoever to hit the ground...

It was an all-around lovely day, as you can see.

I never saw a Zen Garden made with pebbles before - only white sand.


The circular bridges are quite difficult to cross, and I have always been curious about why they are designed to be a perfect semi-circle - I'll have to do some research on that and get back to you on that.
It was an all-around lovely day, as you can see.
I never saw a Zen Garden made with pebbles before - only white sand.
The circular bridges are quite difficult to cross, and I have always been curious about why they are designed to be a perfect semi-circle - I'll have to do some research on that and get back to you on that.
Can you FEEL it people? Spring is in the air, and change is coming.
LOVE TO ALL
dave
3 comments:
As a man who is lucky enough to be able to live amongst nature and has a deep appreciation for plant life, even William was amazed and mesmerized at the Huntington Esate (Library, Gardens). It is truly gorgeous! William, David, Tim and Tony were a hoot. I couldn't have asked for better company to spend such a lovely, blue skied, cool breezed, smogless, cottonball-like partly clouded day with. David, were we really in Los Angeles County? Oh myyy gaaawwd!
-----Craig
are these gardens in Cali? because i am looking for inspiration for jay's new yard.
Huntington Library/Botannical Gardens in San Marino, CA Rob.
Post a Comment