Monday, March 23, 2009

Melton Reese 1930-2009 There’s an unspeakable pain that we all have to go through. If you are alive, and if you allow yourself to love, opening up your heart it’s such a sweet experience but like a vampire you have to allow it in. Donna and I flew back to Colorado after Victor! We did the unspeakable. I feel like a different person. I understand pain and it comes not only in emotions but as my overly sensitive body is processing it physically, my right side is dead. I now walk with a limp. I can’t describe the emptiness I feel. I can only look in the mirror and see that life is a precious thing. It’s not to be ignored.


My father lives on in my memory, and in my heart. I hope by taking even one of his many positive sides and by following his example, I can be a better man.


But, he was a musician and his art lives on.

No comments: